|Mr. Karate II|
| 200px |
Mr. Karate in Buriki One.
|Nome Inteiro||Ryo Sakazaki|
|Aniversario/Idade||August 2, 1967; 32 years old|
|Local de Nascimento||Japan|
|Peso||75kg (165 lbs)|
|Familia/Relacionados||Takuma Sakazaki (father), Ronnet Sakazaki (mother, deceased), Yuri Sakazaki (sister)|
|Gosta||The Spirit of Kyokugen Karate, the teachings of his father, and his students.|
|Não gosta||Students who are delinquent paying their monthly fees|
|Hobbies||Japanese Chess Puzzle|
|Comida favorita||Japanese stew|
|Habilidade especial||Winter training|
|Estilo de luta||Kyokugenryu Karate|
Mr. Karate II or The Second Mr. Karate (二代目Mr.カラテ, Nidaime Misutā Karate) is an alias for Ryo Sakazaki, the central character in the Art of Fighting series. He inherited the mantle from the previous Mr. Karate and is usually referred to as "Mr. Karate" in his earlier appearances. He also sports a tengu mask for most of his alternate outfits.
He is voiced by Masaki Usui.
After the events of the Art of Fighting series, Takuma Sakazaki retires from the fighting scene and Ryo takes the identity of Mr. Karate. This new Mr. Karate travels the world proving the power of Kyokugenryu Karate. He appeared in Southtown and in Japan, during the Buriki One '99 Tokyo tournament. In Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, he is joined by an older Robert, previously unseen in other games.
- Energy Projectile - Mr. Karate can fire a projectile of energy.
- Multiple Attacks - Mr. Karate can deliver several punches at an amazing speed.
Mr. Karate is now a master of Kyokugenryu Karate. In Buriki One, many of his flashier moves were removed due to character balancing issues. As such, he uses traditional karate to better fit the realistic fighting styles in the game. In his Wild Ambition and Maximum Impact appearances, he retains many of his classic moves and uses some of Takuma's specials. His appearance in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum uses a combination of his previous appearances with one of his supers being a homage to Buriki One's unique control system. The player has to input a sequence of joystick directions (instead of button presses) after a specific command in order to attack.
- GET HIGH ～BURIKI MIX～ - Buriki One
- Mr. Karate's Theme - Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition (console version)
- Buriki One
- Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition - unlockable on Playstation version
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - Both unlockable and Ryo Sakazaki's Another Outfit-Variation A
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- A fan request for Ryo was to add the beer bottle chop that he did back in Art of Fighting into his moveset. As promised by the developers, it was added in the King of Fighters series. The move somewhat resembles the forward+medium punch Ryu uses in Street Fighter.
|Includes CC-BY-SA content from Wikipedia's Ryo Sakazaki article (authors)|