| 200px |
Gai in The King of Fighters XI.
|Nome Inteiro||Gai Tendo|
|Aniversario/Idade||April 11, 1982|
|Local de Nascimento||Japan|
|Altura||175 cm (5'9")|
|Peso||75 kg (165)|
|Comida favorita||Sugar cane|
|Esporte de Destaque||MMA|
|Estilo de luta||Total Combat|
Gai Tendo (天童 凱, Tendo Gai) is a character from SNK's Buriki One. He is the protagonist of the game and appeared in several games outside his main series. His design was meant to mirror Mixed Martial Artists and his design was probably based on real life fighters, Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba or Caol Uno. He's also based on manga character Baki Hanma from Baki the Grappler.
His appearance in The King of Fighters XI was meant to be added as a surprise for fans. Developers had to completely rearrange his moveset from Buriki One to better fit the KOF style.
He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
Gai Tendo is a fighter of the martial arts system named Total Combat or Total Fighting Art. He hails from Japan and heard news of the upcoming Buriki One tournament and decided to enter to test his skills. During the tournament, he started a rivalry with american boxer Rob Python.
He has made several cameos in The King of Fighters series.
Very brash and noisy, Gai is the type of person that doesn't think before he acts. He is a fighter at heart.
His fighting style, Total Combat is based on Mixed Martial Arts. He fights with chain combos of punches, elbow strikes, kicks and shin strikes.
- In High Gear - Buriki One, King of Fighters XI
- Buriki One
- The King of Fighters '99 Evolution - As a Striker only character
- The King of Fighters 2000 - As a Striker for Takuma
- The King of Fighters XI - mid boss and unlockable
- The King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise - striker
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - Chae Lim's Another Outfit-Variation G (with white top, like Buriki Girl Hinako in picture below) , background cameo
- King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match - background cameo